While coworking is not a completely new idea, it is a relatively new concept in the professional world. The idea behind it is that some small businesses, freelancers, contractors, and self-employed individuals work best when they are in an environment that is conducive to camaraderie, creative energy, and productivity. Working in an isolated one-person office or home office can sometimes be very creatively stifling and uninspiring. Coworking can be a great way to meet, interact with, as well as to bounce ideas off of other like-minded business professionals and entrepreneurs while being independently productive.
Here are some things to consider when thinking about the advantages of coworking offices:
- Coworking can help the creative juices flow. While working from home definitely has its advantages, but after a while things tend to get a little lonely and the feelings of isolation start to set in. A coworking office space can lend itself to a highly-creative, highly-productive environment that tends to inspire great strides in your business. But sometimes coworking is not for everyone.
- Not just for start-ups. Traditionally Coworking office for rent situations were primarily the domain of start-up looking for a place where they could get peer incubation. Recently coworking is becoming increasingly popular as a office rental solution with self-employed developers, contractors, freelancers, mobile professionals and small businesses needing a place to do their paperwork.
- Network, network, network. Coworking opens opportunities for networking, developing business relationships, gaining clients, and more. Who knows, you may even meet your future business partner at a coworking office space.
- Coworking allows you to be your own boss and set your own schedule. With a coworking office space, you can create your own flexible schedule. Rent out a space for a half day, a month, or anywhere in between. It is completely up to you. Many coworking office for rent situations offer various flexible office time plans to suit the needs of your small business.
- Go for the green. Coworking is a sustainable option because individuals are not renting out space and using energy that they do not need. As well, many coworking offices are purpose built to utilize less energy and be environmentally friendly. Natural sunlight is often a feature that helps reduce the amount of lighting in a coworking space, as well as being more healthy than a basement office with no sun light.
- Save some money. A coworking office space is a great alternative to renting a one-person office space, which can be extremely pricey. Individuals in a coworking office space share resources, rent, and operating costs. You are saving between $300 and $400 per month on utility bills by not having to rent space you do not need.
- Access to amenities. Using a coworking office as you base of operations gives you have access to business necessities including use of meeting rooms and boardrooms, shared fax and reception services, and kitchen amenities. Most coworking locations also offer you access to network printers and photocopiers on an a-la-carte basis, that truly saves you money on not having to own and maintain these types of equipment.
- Being social is good for the soul. Working at home or in a one-person office day after day can become a little mundane. Having meaningful discussions with other like-minded professionals is not only good for business but is also a great stress reliever. Coworking allows for supportive camaraderie, lunching with coworkers, occasional happy hours, and even a holiday party or two (only if you want to be involved).
Are you looking for a flexible and affordable office solution for your business endeavours ? If you want to work in a creative and collaborative environment, a coworking office space may be the perfect situation for you!