It is cold and flu season once again and people around our office space for rent Toronto are scrambling to find the “cure all.” However, the best cure for colds and flu’s is prevention. While getting the flu shot will help, there are plenty of ways to help prevent the spread of influenza.
- Frequent hand washing. Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. Soap and water is just as useful as alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Try to wash your hands or sanitize them at least 10 or 12 times a day and wash for at least 40 seconds.
- Protect your personal space. Keep people who are already sick away from you and ask them to respect your personal space. If you are the one who is sick, let people know why you are giving them additional space.
- Stay at home when you are sick. If you have the flu, consider staying at home and work from there. Have your office space receptionist transfer your calls to your home or have them let your callers know you are home sick and will be checking your voice mail and e-mails.
- Cover your mouth and nose. Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing may prevent those around you from also getting sick.
- Avoid mouth, eye or nose touching. Germs are more often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose or mouth. This is another reason for frequent hand washing.
- Use paper towels to open bathroom doors. Germs are most often found on surfaces that are frequently touched. So when you are leaving the washroom after washing your hands, use a paper towel to open the door.
- Keep your surroundings clean. Clean and sanitize doorknobs and light switches, keyboards, computer mice, telephones and any other surface that you are constantly touching.
- Exercise to boost your immune system. About 20 to 30 minutes of cardio every day will not only do wonders for your physique, but help to strengthen your heart AND your immune system to fight infections.
- Herbal medicines. There has been a lot of buzz about various herbal medicine remedies for preventing and shortening the duration of colds. Although the research on whether they work shows mixed results, some people say they do find relief from natural remedies. One that our webmaster believes in is the power of garlic. He now has a cold – and feels strongly that he didn’t take enough garlic to help prevented it.
These were just some of the tips that people talk about frequently – and are also some of the tips that most doctors recommend. In our office space for lease, not only are the cleaning staff wiping common surfaces on a continuous basis, but our administrative office staff are doing their part by wiping down the keypads and buttons on our photocopiers and network printers.